As you probably know by now, I like to launch things, keep my plate full so to speak. This entry is all about what I’ll do with the free time I’ll have this summer, and how I’ll avoid doing too much. Or rather, it’s about throwing out some ideas I have, and see what sets my inbox on fire.
It’s also about spitballing with myself. I think better when I type.
Projects I’ll definitely work on
These projects will happen, although they might not be finished, of course. Not a final list, I need something more that this to fiddle with while sipping a drink by the lake in the woods.
- Appricorn. I’m looking to launch this autumn. More on the Behind Appricorn blog soon.
- Finish the first Orn tale. The (free) story about Estam was just part one of three, you know.
- Project S2. This is a Swedish project (for now) that I’m not ready to talk about just yet. Expect an English version late sometime next year though.
- Smashing WordPress: Beyond the Blog, 4th Edition. We’ve decided to update the book to version 3.6, so the project is paused until 3.6 hits.
Projects that want in
In no particular order.
- Two more Orn tales. I’ve got two more Orn tales, consisting of 3-5 short stories each, that I want to tell.
- Technical Ebook Series. Just like The Writer’s iPad, this is an old idea that I’ve been putting off. With the experience of publishing an ebook, I’m thinking it might be time to get this one into production.
- Technical Ebook. This is a book aimed at beginners that probably does’t fit in the series mentioned above. I don’t think I’ll be writing it this summer, but it’s on my slate. Might end up in the hands of a traditional publisher.
- The Writer’s iPhone. People are requesting this, but I’m thinking of making it an online series instead.
- Arpeg. I haven’t talked much about this, but I’ve got a simple and fast universal RPG (!) rules system that I’ve always wanted to give away for free.
- Novel #1. This one’s ready for its first rewrite, probably an extensive one since it changed so much during the first draft. I’m pretty sure I’ll do this one which probably kills all other novel ideas for the summer. Or not, I’m a productive bastard sometimes. This is one of the two novels mentioned previously.
- Novel #2. I wrote the first draft for an Orn novel last summer. It would be fitting to rewrite it, and align it with the Orn tales, this summer, wouldn’t it?
- Novel #3. Recently outlined, will be written, but probably not during the summer. Like the story though, should be entertaining, possibly also wacky. This is the second of the two novels mentioned previously.
- Novel #4/new short story series. A science fiction story that I’ve been sitting on for such a long time. Might become a short story series much like the Orn tales instead.
- Newsletters. Not only do I intend to launch a TDH newsletter, I’m very tempted to try some ideas for the format too. I love newsletters.
- Forums. For some reason I’ve been thinking a lot about forums lately. Not sure what will come of that though.
- Short story anthology. I’ve recently gone through all the flash fiction I’ve written, and looked at the short stories I’ve drafted or want to write. I’ve got about one third of this potential anthology done, and with every crazy short story I write it gets closer to an editor pass. If I happen to write a lot of short stories this summer, I might end up compiling the cream of the crop too. Will feature flying penises.
- Launch TDH themes. I talked about this previously, nothing new to report.
There’s obviously no shortage of things to do this summer. Oh, and then there’s Odd Alice work stuff and projects too, as well as some freelancing. Good thing I like to keep busy.